Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final Blog

I have learned a lot from this course this semester. Two things stand out. The first being that I have always known how important it was to be respectful of people and their differences. But I never considered what that means in terms of being a teacher. As a teacher it is so important to really be able to do this for your students. This can be achieved in many ways. Some examples of this are including different holidays and or cultures of the children in your class around the classroom. Secondly you can go to a community you will be teaching in and get a feel for it if it is different from your previous experiences. The second thing I learned is how much I really do enjoy being around children. I know now that I definitely want to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment